DEA Prescription Drug Take Back
- Police Department / City Hall Lobby
212 Main Street,
Lake Dallas, TX 75065
- Saturday April 30, 2022 from 10 am - 2 pm
The DEA has not yet announced the 2021 Prescription Drug Take Back. If you are in need of a year-round drop off location, please use the Department of Justice's Controlled Substance Public Disposal Location Finder.
If you don't properly dispose of the unused or expired prescription drugs in your home, they might find a new one.
Unused or expired prescription medications are a public safety issue, leading to accidental poisoning, overdose, and abuse. Pharmaceutical drugs can be just as dangerous as street drugs when taken without a prescription or a doctor's supervision. Take-back programs like this one are the best way to dispose of old drugs. Join us in the Police Department / City Hall Lobby on Saturday April 30, 2022 from 10 am - 2 pm to drop off your left-over or unused medication. We will be accepting unused medication including liquid medications that are sealed with a cap. We cannot, however, accept syringes.
If you are unable to drop off your unused medication at this event, the next best way to dispose of those drugs is to:
- Remove the medication(s) from their bottle(s)
- Mix the medication with something unappealing like used kitty litter or coffee grounds
- Seal them in a bag or disposable container, and throw that away
- You can also refer to the Food and Drug Administration website below for the proper disposal of unused medicine: https://www.fda.gov/forconsumers/consumerupdates/ucm101653.htm