Safely dispose of unwanted junk that is cluttering up your home, garage or yard. Just present a valid driver’s license with your Republic Services bill to show that you are a Lake Dallas resident and Republic Services customer (no businesses please). Construction materials are not permitted. For a full list of acceptable/unacceptable items, please see the tabs below.
Brush and Bulk
Below are a list of acceptable/unacceptable brush and bulk items that will/will not be collected during this event.
- Household waste
- Refrigerators, air conditioners and freezers, with their Freon removed by a certified HVAC technician and tagged
- Tree limbs, brush, yard clippings, and bagged leaves
- Washers, dryers, stoves, cook tops, and microwaves
- Animal carcasses
- Construction materials
- Non-bagged leaves
Household Hazardous Waste
Below are a list of acceptable and unacceptable household hazardous waste items that will/will not be collected during this event.
- Car Phones
- Handheld computers
- Batteries minus the equipment (example toys, drills)
- Sharps in a medical puncture proof container
- Propane, helium and freon cylinders
- Oil filters
- Automotive fluids
- Auto fuels, diesel
- Flammable paint
- Latex paint
- Mineral spirits
- Paint thinners
- Mercury equipment
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- Yard chemicals (pesticides / herbicides)
- House cleaners
- Caustic cleaners / drain opener
- Chemicals from businesses
- Ewaste from business, doctors offices, etc.
- Contractor waste (example home painters chemicals)
- Empty containers (should be placed in recycle or trash bins)
- Smoke detectors
- Radioactive items
- Containers over 5 gallons
- Ammunition / explosives
- Light fixtures
- Ceiling fans
- Box fans
- Pool salt
- Pool filter media
- Empty gas cans
- Leaking containers
- Unidentified containers
- Dried paint (put in trash bin)
- Sharps packed improperly
- Bio waste
Due to vendor unavailability, Paper Shredding will not be available at the November 14 Citywide Cleanup event. The City and Republic Services are working to reschedule the vendor for this service for a stand alone event to be announced at a later date.
Dispose of your old electonic devices at our E-Waste station. Devices can include:
- Computer Towers/Monitors
Handicapped & Senior Assistance
Senior citizens and people with disabilities can call Public Works at (940) 497-2226 extension 501 the week prior to the event to arrange for a special pick up.
For questions, contact us by email or by phone at (940) 497-2226 extension 501.