The Texas Power Switch fall program is now closed; however, pre-registration for the winter program is currently open. You can pre-register at www.texaspowerswitch.com and will receive additional details about the winter program in December. Please visit the Texas Power Switch online or call 888-376-2077 with any questions.
What is the Texas Power Switch?
The Texas Power Switch is a group energy switching program that is licensed with the Public Utility Commission of Texas (certificate # 80419). It gives residents the opportunity to join together and get a lower rate on electricity by asking energy providers to bid on the group’s business.
There is no cost to the residents or the City for this service, nor does the City receive any compensation. This is a service exclusively designed to help residents save money.
Save hundreds on your electric bills per year
Texans who switched to the 24-month plan in the fall program are expected to save an average of $903 over the next two years on their energy bills. The more people that participate, the greater the chances are of obtaining a competitive rate. Please keep in mind, there is no fee to participate or obligation to switch.
Here’s how it works:
- Have an electricity bill handy and visit www.texaspowerswitch.com.
- Register for free before January 26th, 2021. It only takes a few minutes.
- The Texas Power Switch will organize an auction among electricity providers and the lowest rate wins.
- Participants will receive a personalized offer email a week later and can then decide whether to accept the offer or not.
- Join the Texas Power Switch Facebook page (facebook.com/TexasPowerSwitch) to follow updates about upcoming virtual info sessions.
- If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call 888-376-2077.