Election and Candidate Information
NOVEMBER 8, 2022 SPECIAL ELECTION FOR STREET MAINTENANCE SALE TAX AT A LAKE DALLAS CITY HALL, 212 MAIN STREET, LAKE DALLAS, TEXAS.
The reauthorization of the local sales and use tax in the City of Lake Dallas at the rate of one-fourth of one percent to continue providing revenue for maintenance and repair of municipal streets. The tax expires on the 5TH anniversary of the date of this election unless the imposition of the tax is reauthorized.
The General Election for City Council will be held on Saturday, May 7, 2022, at Lake Dallas City Hall, 212 Main Street, Lake Dallas, Texas.
A candidate must:
- be a qualified voter of the City of Lake Dallas
- be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- be a resident of the City of Lake Dallas for at least twelve (12) months preceding the date of the election for filing an application for place on the ballot.
- Shall not, after notice of any delinquency, be in arrears in the payment of any taxes or other liabilities due the city. “In arrears” is defined herein to mean that payment has not been received within ninety (90) days from due date and has not been protested under the same provisions as provided by the Charter.
- No candidate may file in a single city election for more than one (1) office or place position as provided the Charter.
The City of Lake Dallas Mayor and Councilmember Election Schedule
2022- Mayor, Councilmember Place 2 and Place 4
2023- No election unless to fill a vacancy
2024- Councilmember Place1, Place 3 and Place 5
2025- Mayor, Councilmember Place 2 and Place 4
2026- No Election unless to fill a vacancy
2027- Councilmember Place1, Place 3 and Place 5
2028- Mayor, Councilmember Place 2 and Place 4
2029- No Election unless to fill a vacancy
City Council of the City of Lake Dallas, Texas consists of a mayor and five councilmembers.
- The mayor and councilmembers shall be elected by the qualified voters of the city at large, each of whom, unless sooner removed by the provisions of this Charter, shall serve for a term of three years or until their successors have been duly elected and qualified. Each councilmember shall occupy a position on the city council, such positions being numbered as places 1 through 5.
- All members of the city council, other than the mayor, shall be elected under the place system. In May of 2021, one councilmember for place 1, one councilmember for place 3 and one councilmember for place 5 shall be elected for three-year terms. In May of 2022, the mayor, one councilmember for place 2 and one councilmember for place 4 shall be elected for three-year terms. In May of 2023, no election for councilmembers shall be held, except as may be required to fill a vacancy. The “three-three-none” (3-3-0) pattern of elections shall continue into the future.
The filing period for a place on the May 7, 2022, City of Lake Dallas General Election ballot begins Wednesday, January 19, 2022, and will continue through Friday, February 18, 2022, at 4:30 p.m. The City Secretary’s regular office hours are Monday through Friday; 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (It's best to call to schedule an appointment to file your application 940-497-2226 ext. 102)
Forms and information for the 2022 City of Lake Dallas General Election will be available in the City Secretary’s Office located at 212 Main Street, Lake Dallas, Texas at City Hall building.
For additional information, please call Codi Delcambre at 940-497-2226 ext. 102.