Youth Advisory Council
The Lake Dallas City Council created a Youth Advisory Council (YAC) last year. The purpose of this Council is to develop young service leaders, advise the Council on youth-related issues, assist with special projects and events, design and plan new youth events and activities to encourage youth involvement in the community, and serve as ambassadors for, and inspire other young people by completing service projects and sharing their stories.
If you are interested in applying, please fill out the below application and submit back to the City of Lake Dallas by September 16, 2020 . Selected students will be notified on September 25, 2020.
The benefits of being a member of the YAC include:
- Advise while learning about approaches for engaging youth in community service.
- Partner with a diverse group of youths with unique perspectives.
- Act as a youth service ambassador in Lake Dallas by participating in and doing outreach around teen initiatives.
- Learn about the City of Lake Dallas
- Work with government and business leaders in Lake Dallas.
Responsibilities of YAC members include:
- Participate in monthly meetings during the term from September 2020 to May 2021. Attendance is strictly enforced and members cannot miss more than three meetings, or risk being removed from the Council.
- Inspire other young people to get involved in the community
Eligibility requirements for YAC members:
- Demonstrate leadership in school and/or community activities.
- Express an interest in learning more about their community.
- Be a resident of Lake Dallas, Corinth, Hickory Creek, or Shady Shores.
- Be open-minded and willing to work with their peers.
- Be a student in grades 9-12 (Age 14-18 as of September 16, 2020) and submit the application by September 16, 2020.
- Be enrolled in Lake Dallas ISD, Charter School or home school.
- Commit to a term from October 2020 to May 2021.