Keep Lake Dallas Beautiful (KLDB) is a proud affiliate of Keep Texas Beautiful, an organization with a mission to educate and engage Texans to take responsibility for improving their community environment through programming and education addressing 3 focus areas including:
- Litter abatement
- Waste reduction
The Adopt-a-Spot Program is part of Keep Lake Dallas Beautiful. It's a program focused on both litter abatement and beautification. Families, along with service and civic organizations, have adopted parks and stretches of roadway throughout the city accepting the goal to keep those areas beautiful and free of litter.
|Main Street - Lakeview to Hickory Creek||AVAILABLE FOR ADOPTION|
|Overly Drive - I-35 to Prince Drive||AVAILABLE FOR ADOPTION|
S. Lake Dallas Drive - Carlisle to Hundley
|AVAILABLE FOR ADOPTION|
|Butterfly Garden at City Park||Lake Dallas City Council|
|Carlisle – Main to Lake Dallas Drive||LD Middle School Student Council|
|Shady Shores Rd - Hundley to Swisher||LD Middle School Student Council|
Girl Scout Troop 6218
|Falcon Drive||LDHS Student Council|
|Hundley - SS Road to Lakeview Drive||LDMS Student Council|
|Main Street - Downtown||Lake Cities Lion's Club|
|Main Street - Thompson to Lakeview||Lakeview Marina|
|River Oaks Park||Boy Scout Troop 424|
|Shady Shores Rd. - Hundley to Swisher||Kim Family|
|Shady Shores Rd. - Main Street to Hundley||The Gordon Family|
|Shady Shores Rd. - Swisher to Silktree||Montserrat Jesuit Retreat|
|Swisher - Shady Shores Rd. East to Bridge||RPM Construction|
|Swisher - Shady Shores Rd. West to Rail||LCMUA|
|Thousand Oaks Park||LDHS Student Council|
|Willow Grove Park||Boy Scout Troops 208|
City of Lake Dallas Responsibilities
- Approve adoption of a Lake Dallas roadway or park.
- Post the Keep Lake Dallas Beautiful Adopt-a-Spot sign noting the adoptee’s name after the 2nd clean-up report has been received.
- Provide safety training and tools to organization’s group leaders.
- Remove filled trash bags from roadside and dispose of properly.
- Provide guidance and a course of action pursuant to beautification projects.
- Monitor compliance with Adopt-A-Spot program terms.
- Conduct a clean-up of the adopted area 6 times per year.
- Group supervisor must attend safety training prior to 1st clean up.
- Provide adult supervision for volunteers 15 years of age and younger.
- No mowing or painting on your spot. Planting is permitted on if it approved by City.
- Place trash bags under Adopt-A-Spot sign for collection.
- Submit a follow-up report the KLDB Staff Liaison after each clean up and include the number of volunteers present and trash bag count.
- Trash bags and safety vests are available from City Hall if requested.