Household Hazardous Waste
As part of the residential contract with Waste Management, residents of Lake Dallas have the option of free, year-round curb-side collections for household hazardous waste. To participate, you must contact At Your Door Customer Service to set up an appointment. The types of materials that may be collected are listed below.
How Does it Work?
How Does it Work?
- Call or email to request a collection: When you contact At Your Door Customer Service, you will need to provide your address and the type and amount of materials for collection. A collection date is scheduled and a kit is shipped to your household address.
- Prepare for collection: The kit includes a program instruction sheet and other items to help pack and secure household hazardous waste. All materials such as gasoline, poisons, pesticides, and aerosols must be placed into the kit. Other items may need to be placed outside of the kit.
- On the scheduled date, the materials will be collected. The materials will be sorted and packed for proper disposal.
Acceptable Items that must be placed inside the collection bag:
- Garden chemicals
- Oil-based & Latex paints
- Pool chemicals
- Metal polishes
- Used motor oil
- Sharps (must be placed into a sealed, rigid, plastic container)
Acceptable Items that MUST be placed outside the collection bag:
- Auto batteries (up to 4 per collection)
- Fluorescent bulbs (up to 10 per collection)
- Television (1 per collection)
- Computer monitors (1 per collection)
- Consumer circuit boards (no limit)
What items will NOT be accepted?
- Ammunition (Contact the Lake Dallas Police Department for guidance)
- Medicine -- return to your prescribing doctor's office
- Any materials in unlabeled or leaking containers