To protect the health and safety of the community and our employees, and help minimize the potential spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), City of Lake Dallas has the following operational changes out of an abundance of caution. Municipal Court in-person proceedings will be temporarily limited. Please call the court for online services.
Para proteger la salud y la seguridad de la comunidad y nuestros empleados, y ayudar a minimizar la propagación potencial de COVID-19 (Coronavirus), la Ciudad de Lake Dallas tiene los siguientes cambios operativos por precaución. Los procedimientos en persona en la Corte se limitarán temporalmente. Por favor llame a la corte para servicios en línea.
Dismissing a Case
Judges may defer disposition for cases. If the case is eligible for deferred disposition and the defendant completes the required terms, it is dismissed. Deferred disposition is 90 days of unsupervised probation. During the deferral period, you cannot receive another violation of the same nature.
To qualify for deferred disposition, you cannot currently be on a deferred disposition program at this court or any court. You cannot have completed a deferred disposition program in the last 12 months. If you received a moving violation, you must meet the following requirements:
- You are not currently participating in a deferred disposition in any other court.
- You did not possess a commercial driver’s license at the time of the offense.
- You have not participated in any deferred disposition program during the past one year (calculated from date of previous dismissal to the date of your current citation) in this court.
- Your violation was not in a construction / work zone with workers present.
You may not be eligible for deferred disposition for the following moving violations:
- Cases in which an accident occurred with bodily injury
- Speeding more than 30 MPH over limit
- Passing a school bus
- Passing an emergency vehicle
If you are 24 or younger you will be required to complete a Driver’s Safety Course as a condition of your deferral if you received a citation for a moving violation.
If you are eligible, you may sign up for deferred disposition by mailing the affidavit and payment to the court on or before your appearance date or sending request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please call the court for the deferred fee on your violation.
- Do not pay till you receive confirmation from the Lake Dallas court and order has been approved. (request done by email)
- Required fees and affidavit (request done by mail)
- The Deferred Disposition Affidavit Form